Coconut Oil for Hair
My favourite way to wash and deep condition my hair is through the following five-step routine I tried that works well with natural kinky hair. This is also an effective way to rid your hair of dandruff, leaving it silky smooth and clean
- You First Odourless Coconut Oil
- Warm water
- Aunt Jackie’s Moisturizing & Softening Shampoo
I love using Aunt Jackie’s line because it is enriched with shea butter and olive oil, which is great for keeping your locks healthy, and because it is sulfate & paraben free.
- Wet your hair.
- Lather a generous amount of the Coconut Oil into your wet hair, as you gently detangle / comb through it.
- Wrap your hair in a doek / headwrap / shower cap (NB: the coconut oil might leave stains so use an old headwrap).
- Let the coconut oil sit for an hour or, what always works best, leave it throughout your entire sleep at night.
- Lather a generous amount of Aunt Jackie’s shampoo and rinse out the excess oil and shampoo thoroughly with warm water.
Repeat the process every 5 days for great results.
* Aunt Jackie’s Shampoo available at Clicks, and You First Odourless Coconut Oil available at Food Lovers Market.