Hair care is super essential but most hair products tend to be a bit pricey. Below are a few homemade hair tonic recipes that you can make with basic ingredients you can find in your pantry or your nearest herb shop.
1. Aloe Vera hair tonic
• Aloe Vera juice
• Sage essential oil
• Get four tablespoons of Aloe Vera juice and pour it into a jar.
• Add eight drops of sage essential oil.
• Add one teaspoon of water to the jar.
• Seal the jar tightly and shake it well.
• Store it in the fridge and pour it into your hair whenever you wash it. Let it sit for fifteen minutes & wash it out with lukewarm water.
2. Parsley + Rosemary hair tonic.
• Parsley seeds
• Add two tablespoons of parsley seeds to the jar.
• Add half a cup of chopped rosemary.
• Add two cups of boiled water.
• Let the mixture sit for twenty minutes then remove the parsley seeds & rosemary contents.
• Pour into your hair & leave it in for an hour or until it dries (rinsing it out isn’t necessary).
3. Nettle hair tonic
• Nettle leaves
• Essential oils
• Add one handful of nettle leaves to a boil with two cups of water.
• Let it sit for ten minutes then drain it of its solutions.
• Add the essential oils to the jar.
• Add the Nettle mixture.
• Apply the mixture to your hair while shampooing. Leave it in for ten minutes then rinse out with cold water.
4. Mint hair tonic
• Dried mint
• Add three tablespoons of dried mint, half a cup of vinegar & a cup of water to a saucepan. Cook for five minutes.
• Drain once cooked & allow it to cool down before usage.
• Apply as shampoo, rinse it then shampoo wash hair with actual shampoo.
5. Horsetail hair tonic
• Add a handful of horsetail to a boil of four cups of water.
• Drain the mixture of its contents.
• Allow the mixture to cool down before usage.
• Apply into hair after shampooing then wrap your head in a towel.
• Allow the mixture to sit 15 minutes before washing it out.
There you go ladies. A few tips for easy, essential hair care.